Family friendly mountain bike and run trail opens close to Stellenbosch.
Do you live in the Welgevonden or Nooitgedacht residential areas and love the outdoors? You’ll be elated to know that you can now run and cycle on marked trails from your doorstep. The team from Dirtopia has developed a new trail on L’Avenir and Nooitgedacht Estates that even beginner mountain bikers can enjoy and is the perfect after-work training route .
The hillier L’Avenir Loop is 4.4km while the flatter Nooitgedacht loop is 8km. Do both and you ride just over 12km or do the Nooitgedacht loop again to do a full 20km. Trail access is managed via a permit system using the Amarider Trailtag to give users access via the L’Avenir security gate.
The trail is currently open from 07h00 to 18h00 and there is a map available when you buy your permit. L’Avenir also has a Lodge if you’d like to visit for the weekend!
EXERCISE CAUTION! MOUNTAIN BIKING & TRAIL RUNNING IS A HAZARDOUS ACTIVITY THAT IS DIFFERENT FROM ROAD BIKING OR RUNNING BECAUSE IT IS DONE ON NATURAL TERRAIN, WITH VARYING SURFACE AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS.
While riding/running on the L ‘Avenir - Nooitgedacht Trail system and the farms included in the trail system, on or off the trails, you may encounter many RISKS, DANGERS and HAZARDS, including but not limited to other bikes and vehicles, hikers, runners, loose gravel, wet surfaces, holes, bumps, horses, forest growth, wildlife, downed timber, rocks and other natural and man-made obstacles and hazards and equipment failures. Trails can be steep and narrow; ride within your own ability. You must regulate your speed to avoid or negotiate obstacles. On coasting descents, slow down and use caution. Weather conditions may change at any time and the terrain may become more hazardous and dangerous due to weather or other causes. THE FOLLOWING SPECIFIC RISKS, DANGERS OR HAZARDS ON L ‘AVENIR - NOOITGEDACHT TRAILS ARE SPECIFICALLY POINTED OUT TO YOU: The routes are technical trails with loose rocks in singletrack
BIKING & TRAIL RUNNING TRAILS ARE DESIGNED FOR L ‘AVENIR - NOOITGEDACHT TRAIL PERMIT HOLDERS WITH INTERMEDIATE OR HIGHER EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS. BEFORE PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY, CONSIDER WHETHER YOU HAVE THE NECESSARY EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS. YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR DETERMINING YOUR OWN ABILITY.
1. I wish (or, if applicable, my child wishes) to engage in mountain biking or trail running activities in the L ‘Avenir - Nooitgedacht Trails. I acknowledge that my (or, if applicable, my child’s) participation in mountain biking or trail running in L ‘Avenir - Nooitgedacht Trails is a purely voluntary recreational activity. In this agreement the term “activities” shall include but is not limited to: road and mountain cycling; hiking; mountain bike descents; bike tours; hiking tours; use of the mountain trails; and other such activities, events and services in any way connected with or related to those activities. I, the undersigned, confirm that I am at least 18 years old.
2. I UNDERSTAND THAT FALLS AND COLLISIONS WHICH MAY CAUSE SERIOUS INJURY OR DEATH CAN OCCUR REGARDLESS OF SKILL LEVEL. In consideration of participating in the above-named activity(ies), I ASSUME ALL RISKS OF AND RESPONSIBILITY FOR PROPERTY DAMAGE, INJURY OR DEATH to myself or to others which may be associated with and/or result from my activities on the Premises, including, but not limited to, any mountain biking related activities.
3. I HEREBY FULLY EXCLUDE LIABILITY, ABSOLVE FROM LIABILITY, INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS Dirtopia, its representatives, agents, affiliates, partners, officers, landowners, directors, servants and employees (hereinafter collectively “Dirtopia”) of and from any and all liability, claims, demands, and causes of action whatsoever for any loss, damage, injury, illness or harm of any kind and nature arising from or related in any way to my activities on the Premises, including mountain biking and Trail Running.
4. I understand that HELMETS ARE REQUIRED while biking on L ‘Avenir - Nooitgedacht trails and I agree that I will wear a helmet (applicable to all mountain bikers) at all times. I also understand, however, that wearing a helmet does NOT guarantee my safety.
5. I have carefully read this Agreement, have not relied on any verbal representations to me, if any, and understand that this is an EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY that will legally PREVENT me from recovering in any lawsuit or in connection with any other legal claim for damages in the event of my death or any injury to me. I nevertheless enter into this Agreement freely and voluntarily and agree that it is binding upon me, my heirs, assigns and legal representatives.
6. I understand that every portion of this Agreement is severable, and to the extent that any portion of this Agreement is deemed unenforceable, the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect. I understand and agree that this Agreement fully binds my successors-in-title, assigns, heirs, next of kin, and Estate and that the Agreement shall be governed by South African law.
I hereby acknowledge all of the risks, dangers, and hazards noted above (regardless of whether they are inherent in the activity or not), and that my minor child could sustain serious injury or death as a result of his/her participation in ANY activities on the Premises. I assume liability for any lack of permission of any other parent or legal guardian of my minor child and I indemnify Dirtopia against all liability, claims demands and actions by such other parent or legal guardian should this agreement be unenforceable. I agree to ensure that my minor child will wear a helmet at all times without exception while mountain biking and recognize that Dirtopia has no obligation to assess my minor child’s mountain biking abilities. I further agree that the last paragraph of the above Exclusion of Liability Agreement (beginning “I understand that every..........”) is equally applicable to this Acknowledgment of Risk Agreement herein.