The entrant undertakes and agrees to ride the trails and use the area
entirely at his or her own risk. The entrant acknowledges that there is a risk
involved in riding the trails/participating in the events. The entrant
understands that riding the trails/participating in the event may be dangerous
and may lead to serious or additional injury or even death.
2) The entrant hereby waives and shall not claim whatsoever against Dirtopia CC, Amarider, event organiser, Delheim Wine Estate or any land owners, any individual organiser or contractor, official, assistant, helper, representative or agent, the sponsors, any local authority or their employees, herein after referred to as the parties, in respect of any injury, loss or damage that the entrant may suffer arising from any injury to the person or property of the entrant, caused directly or indirectly by one or more of the afore-mentioned parties, unless such injury, loss or damage that the entrant may suffer was due to the aforementioned parties gross negligence.
3) The entrants undertakes not to hold any of the parties liable if he or she or any dependent or his or her estate suffers loss or damage which was caused directly or indirectly from participation on the properties, including, but without limiting the generality of the afore-going, any loss or damage due to physical injury or death or the physical injury or death of another person, or due to patrimonial loss or damage, and in which ever manner the damage or loss was caused, unless the damage or loss caused was due to the gross negligence of the parties.
4) The entrant indemnifies the parties against all liability for above mentioned losses or damages and confirms that this acceptance of risk, undertaking and indemnity is also binding on his or her estate.
5) The entrant confirms that this indemnity extends to the participation of any event, including his or her arrival at the property and departure there from and attendance at any ceremony or function thereof.
6) The entrant accepts that, without limiting the generality of the afore-going, the parties and the owners or managers of the venue shall accept no responsibility or liability for any injury, howsoever caused, to any person while on the premises or while utilizing the facilities thereon, as well as in respect of any patrimonial loss or damage, howsoever caused, suffered by any person while on the premises or while utilizing the facilities thereon, unless the damage or loss caused was due to the gross negligence of the parties.
7) Should the entrant be a minor, the parent, guardian or adult supervisor of the minor confirms that the minor is riding the trails on the farms at his or her own risk and indemnifies the parties against claims by such minor and will be responsible for the minor.
8) The entrant or, in the case of a minor, the parent or guardian, confirms that her or she has read and understands the effect of this indemnity.
All or any of the parties may accept the benefits which accrue to them in terms of this indemnity at any time after it has been signed by the participant.
I agree to abide by the rules as stipulated by the landowners and the organisers, including the waiver. The wearing of helmets is compulsory for mountain bike events.
By signing the indemnity form you agree to be added to our data base to receive communication by e-mail or sms from Dirtopia regarding this event and future similar services/events/newsletters.