Conditions of entry:
1) There are no refunds. You can do a substitution, but only before the event day. Your entry can not be transferred to another event either.
2) The event will take place regardless of bad weather and will only be cancelled, re-routed or stopped for reasons of safety.
3) All photographic or video material of participants made by the organisers or their assignees during any activity deemed to be part of the event, shall be free for use by the organisers in any matter relating to the event at any time in the present or future.
4) All entrants must sign an indemnity form - legal guardians must sign for minors
5) No private picnics - catering provided.
6) Entries are only confirmed once proof of payment is received. For pre-entries, payment is to be made before pre-entry date closes or it will be deemed as a late entry and late entry fees will apply
7) Right of admission reserved at all Dirtopia events. The organisers can refuse entry for medical reasons or otherwise at their own discretion.
Rules for Dirtopia Events:
1) Every participant shall ride/run carefully and with due regard to thesafety of other cyclists / runners and other trail users.
2) Every participant shall immediately comply with the instructions of a marshal, official and/or a traffic officer.
3) Every participant shall provide information requested by any marshal immediately.
4) Every participant shall at all times display his/her access band legibly.
5) Every participant shall identify him/herself and give his/her address on request to a marshal or any other participant requesting such information after a collision/race incident.
6) Every participant shall ride the full course as entered and retire if he/she does not complete the full course or inform the officials at the finish.
7) A participant may not use a personal music system (ipod or other) or a radio communication device, including a cellular phone, whilst taking part in the event.
8) A participant shall not use foul or offensive language to his/her fellow riders or to any marshal.
9) A participant shall not dispose of any litter along the course except in refuse bins.
10) A participant may not start or attempt to start before his/her designated start.
11) A participant shall endeavour to complete the course with his/her own effort and shall not receive any assistance in this regard.
12) A participant shall provide reasonable assistance to any other participant involved in an accident while participating in the event.
13) Children under 10 must be accompanied by an adults at all times.
14) This a fun event, the organisers retain the right not to enter into a dispute of a competitive nature.
15) It is the participants responsibility to ensure they carry enough liquid on route, a windshield jacket and basic emergency equipment and emergency contact number.
16) In the event of a medical emergency, the organizing bodies/authorities will use their discretion and follow procedures deemed necessary for evacuation and /or medical assistance thereof; for the account of the injured party.
Rules of the Trail:
IMBA's "Rules of the Trail" promote responsible, courteous conduct on
1) Ride Open Trails Only: Respect trail/road closures - ask a land manager if you're uncertain about status and remember bikes aren't permitted on state or federal Wilderness. Don't trespass on private land - obtain permits/authorization first.
2) Leave No Trace: Wet, muddy trails are vulnerable to damage, so consider other options. Stay on existing trails, avoid cutting switchbacks and pack out at least as much as you pack in.
3) Yield to Others: Let trail users know you're coming - a friendly greeting or ring of a bell work well - and anticipate as you round corners. In general, bicyclists yield to other trail users, and downhill bicyclists yield to uphill bicyclists.
4) Never Scare Animals: Give animals enough room and time to adjust. When passing horses, use special care and follow directions from the horseback riders.
5) Plan Ahead: Know your equipment, your ability and the area. Strive to be self-sufficient: keep equipment in good repair and carry supplies for changes in conditions. 7) Always wear a helmet and appropriate safety gear.
Indemnity and disclaimer:
All entrants agree to and hereby bind themselves to the following indemnity:
1) The entrant undertakes and agrees to ride the trails and use the area entirely at his or her own risk.
2) The entrant hereby waives and shall have no claim whatsoever against Dirtopia CC, Amarider, Event organiser, Delheim Wine Estate or any other land owners, any individual organiser or contractor, official, assistant, helper, representative or agent, the sponsors, any local authority or their employees, hereinafter referred to as the parties, in respect of any injury, loss or damage that the entrant may suffer arising from any injury to the person or property of the entrant, caused directly or indirectly by the negligence, albeit gross, of one or more of the afore-mentioned parties.
3) The entrants undertakes not to hold any of the parties liable if he or she or any dependent or his or her estate suffers loss or damage which was caused directly or indirectly from participation on the properties, including, but without limiting the generality of the afore-going, any loss or damage due to physical injury or death or the physical injury or death of another person, or due to patrimonial loss or damage, and in which ever manner the damage or loss was caused, including the negligence of the parties.
4) The entrant indemnifies the parties against all liability for above mentioned losses or damages and confirms that this acceptance of risk, undertaking and indemnity is also binding on his or her estate.
5) The entrant confirms that this indemnity extends to the participation of any event, including his or her arrival at the property and departure there from and attendance at any ceremony or function thereof.
6) The entrant accepts that, without limiting the generality of the afore-going, the parties and the owners or managers of the venue shall accept no responsibility or liability for any injury, howsoever caused, to any person while on the premises or while utilizing the facilities theron, as well as in respect of any patrimonial loss or damage, howsoever caused,
suffered by any person while on the premises or while utilizing the facilities theron.
7) Should the entrant be a minor, the parent, guardian or adult supervisor of the minor confirms that the minor is riding the trails on the farms at his or her own risk and indemnifies the parties against claims by such minor.
8) The entrant or, in the case of a minor, the parent or guardian, confirms that her or she has read and understands the effect of this indemnity.
All or any of the parties may accept the benefits which accrue to them in terms of this indemnity at any time after it has been signed by the participant.
I agree to abide by the rules as stipulated by the landowners and the organisers, including the waiver. The wearing of helmets is compulsory for mountain bike events.